Stuffed Turkey Florentine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add turkey; toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches; brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons spinach down the center of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 165°, 12-15 minutes. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 480 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1409mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 43g protein.
Aug 15, 2011
This is really good. I served it with the Lemon Angel Hair on the same page and French bread.
Dec 17, 2010
This is a simple and fairly quick recipe. It was absolutely delicious. I served it with angel hair pasta ( with the rest of the spinach mixed in) and sprinkled it with parmesan. I will definately make this again.