Stuffed Turkey Florentine
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 8 slices
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag. Add turkey; toss to coat. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey in batches; brown on both sides. Remove from skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons spinach down the center of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with toothpicks.
- Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, until a thermometer inserted in turkey reads 165°, 12-15 minutes. Discard toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 480 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 1409mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 43g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 15, 2011
This is really good. I served it with the Lemon Angel Hair on the same page and French bread.
Dec 17, 2010
This is a simple and fairly quick recipe. It was absolutely delicious. I served it with angel hair pasta ( with the rest of the spinach mixed in) and sprinkled it with parmesan. I will definately make this again.