For this main course, I tuck Swiss cheese and spinach into browned turkey slices, then tops them with store-bought spaghetti sauce before baking until they're heated through. I usually serve these roll-ups with pasta, a green salad and rolls.—Lillian E. Butler, Stratford, Connecticut
Recommended: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 8 slices uncooked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, cut in half
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- Place the bread crumbs in a large resealable plastic bag; add turkey in batches and shake to coat. In a large skillet over medium heat, brown turkey in oil. Remove from the skillet.
- Place half of a cheese slice and 2 tablespoons of spinach down the center of each turkey slice. Fold turkey over filling; secure with toothpicks. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until heated through. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Florentine in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p14
Reviews forStuffed Turkey Florentine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2011
"This is really good. I served it with the Lemon Angel Hair on the same page and French bread."