Fish is perfect for a busy cook like me, since it's so quick and easy to prepare. This recipe enhances trout's naturally pleasant taste.—Shirley Coleman, Monkton, Vermont
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh coarse bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 dressed trout (1/2 pound each)
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stuff into trout. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 103 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 180mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Stuffed Trout in Taste of Home April/May 1995