Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice Recipe
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard seeds. Chop pulp and set aside. Sprinkle the insides of tomatoes with salt; invert onto paper towels to drain.
- 2. In a small skillet, saute onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add reserved tomato pulp; cook until most of the liquid is evaporated. Remove from the heat; stir in the rice, cheese, parsley, basil and garlic salt.
- 3. Stuff into tomato shells; dot with remaining butter. Place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 238 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 589mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Tomatoes with Rice
"Excellent side dish. Very flavorful and easy to make. I used brown and white rice mixed."