Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed potato half: 265 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 23, 2017
Easy to make. A fun, new take on a 'classic' holiday dish. Received quite a few compliments on how delicious they were.
Apr 6, 2012
Very good, but watch the marshmallows closely...mine got burnt!
Dec 5, 2011
easy to make and tasty.
Oct 31, 2011
This dish was easy to make and very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.