Delight guests with little individual casseroles baked right inside the potato shell. Marshmallows and caramel ice cream topping make them irresistible. —Pauline Dettrey, Monument, Colorado
Recommended: 43 Amazing Ways to Love Sweet Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup hot caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15-18 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with caramel topping and butter. Spoon into potato shells.
- Place on baking sheets; sprinkle with marshmallows and pecans. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home November 2011, p36
Reviews forStuffed Sweet Potato Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review