Stuffed Steak Rolls
These hearty beef rolls don't require a lot of fuss—they just look like they do. Use a boxed stuffing mix or leftover stuffing for the filling, then top with a tasty sauce full of onion and green pepper. Serve with frozen California blend vegetables and lemon bars as shown at top right...or steamed fresh asparagus and strawberry mousse for dessert.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup prepared stuffing
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 beef cube steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Combine stuffing and cheese; spoon onto the center of the steaks. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In the same skillet, cook steak rolls until browned. Combine water and bouillon; stir in chili sauce and vegetable mixture. Pour over steak rolls. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, occasionally spooning sauce over rolls. Remove toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 444 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1335mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 2g fiber), 44g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Steak Rolls in Quick Cooking March/April 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.