- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a skillet, brown sausage. Drain; sprinkle with salt and basil. Roll out bread dough to a 13-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Sprinkle meat on top of dough. Place spinach on top of meat; top with cheese. Roll up from one of the long sides; seal seams and ends. Using a spatula, carefully place loaf on a greased baking sheet or jelly roll pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Spinach Loaf
"The only reason that I gave this recipe a 4 out of 5 is due to the fact that I had to modify the recipe in order to get it right in my preparation. I made this twice and the first time it ended up coming unsealed due to the wrong measurements of filling. I love the taste and my husband asks for this now when asking what he wants me to cook him for dinner."
"When my husband and I met, he raved about his mother's "spinach loaf", I had no clue what he was talking about, so I had to ask her for the recipe. This is almost the same recipe, the entire family LOVES when it's o the menu for dinner!"
"This is the best ever! I always brush the dough with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds before baking. Or poppy seeds, caraway seeds and more......"