- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh cooked or canned crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 8 sole or flounder fillets (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cooked wild, brown or white rice or a mixture, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion, shrimp and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender. Add crabmeat; heat through. Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika. Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth. Pour over fillets. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Sole
"Unforgettable! This recipe is so good! Have made several times."