Stuffed Sirloin Roast Recipe
Bacon on top gives this roast a slightly smoky flavor. With a colorful stuffing, slices look lovely on a platter.
- 9 bacon strips, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless beef sirloin tip roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1. In a large skillet, cook six bacon strips over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings. Crumble bacon and set aside. In the drippings, saute the onion, celery and carrot until crisp-tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the bread crumbs, parsley, garlic powder, pepper and bacon. Let stand until the liquid is absorbed.
- 2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1-in. thickness. Remove plastic; spread stuffing over meat to within 1 in. of edges. Close roast and tie at 1-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- 3. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cut remaining bacon strips in half; arrange over top of roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat reached desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10-14 servings.
1/4 pound: 217 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Sirloin Roast
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC