Stuffed Roast Pepper Soup
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
Makes16 servings (4 quarts)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green, sweet yellow or red peppers, seeded and chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add peppers; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or just until tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 818mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Oct 29, 2017
This soup was delicious! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and still had enough to put in the freezer to enjoy at another time. Instead of using fresh peppers (my husband is not a fan), I used roasted red peppers and substituted smoked paprika for regular paprika. We thought it tasted great and I'll definitely be making this again!
Oct 17, 2015
The first time I tasted this soup was in Gettysburg, PA. My husband and I both loved it. I found this recipe years later and have been making it ever since.
Oct 10, 2011
We would rather eat this soup than the stuffed peppers we used to love. I always add a couple more peppers to the soup than the recipe calls for
Aug 24, 2011
This is a very good soup. I am glad I tried it. It was very easy to make. My husband thought it was very good. We will add it to our favorite recipes. Linda
Aug 24, 2011
This is a wonderful soup. I have made it twice, and my husband really enjoyed it both times. It will be one of our favorite soups from now on.
Feb 17, 2011
very good flavor