- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 8 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3 green, sweet yellow or red peppers, seeded and chopped
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the water, bouillon cubes, tomatoes, rice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
- Add peppers; cook, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or just until tender. Yield: 16 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews forStuffed Roast Pepper Soup
"This soup was delicious! I cut the recipe in half for the two of us and still had enough to put in the freezer to enjoy at another time. Instead of using fresh peppers (my husband is not a fan), I used roasted red peppers and substituted smoked paprika for regular paprika. We thought it tasted great and I'll definitely be making this again!"
"The first time I tasted this soup was in Gettysburg, PA. My husband and I both loved it. I found this recipe years later and have been making it ever since."
"This is a wonderful soup. I have made it twice, and my husband really enjoyed it both times. It will be one of our favorite soups from now on."
"very good flavor"