- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Bake potatoes at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a small bowl, mash pulp; set aside.
- In a small skillet, cook and stir onion in water for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add mashed potatoes, cottage cheese, buttermilk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir until blended and heated through. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with green onion. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Potatoes with Cheese
"I liked these a lot! I did change a few things; I used ricotta instead of cottage cheese. I saut?ed the onion in butter instead of water. I cut the potatoes lengthwise in half, and after stuffing them, put them back in the oven to brown before topping with the green onions. I will definitely be making these again!"
"I love this site thanks so much for your things it change my cooking in a big way"