Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches)
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup golden raisins, optional
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use); set caps aside. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, bread crumbs, walnuts, onion, raisins if desired, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir in egg and broth until blended.
- Spoon into mushroom caps; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 221 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 435mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Jun 26, 2013
I loved this recipe. It was so easy to fix and the taste was fantastic. I didn't have any raisin or vegetable broth. Used chicken broth and worked just fine. Used dried Italian bread crumbs because that's all I had. Can't wait to make these again.
Nov 17, 2011
This had too much of a walnut flavor for my husband, but I liked it. I didn't have the raisins in it, because hubby doesn't like it. However after being heated up the next day I noticed the walnut flavor wasn't as overwhelming. Next time I will divide the stuffing mixture. Half will have no walnuts, and probably some bacon (for my husband), the other half will have walnuts and raisins.
Aug 31, 2011
Very easy and tasty. Heated up well the next day.
Aug 13, 2011
This was really good. I did change it up though. I used crushed flavored croutons and half bread crumbs, I also combined the walnuts, onions, added crushed garlic and cut up the stems of the portobellos and sauted it with chicken broth for about 5-10 minutes, then combined everything. I put roasted tomato on top of one, they were all really good.
May 1, 2010
Very good and easy. "Just delicious! Outstanding"-- rating from my husband.
Feb 24, 2010
This recipe is awesome! It is has a very different taste to it. My daughters don't like mushrooms but they love the stuffing of this! My husband and I eat these as a main course. YUMMY!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.