Stuffed Pork Chops
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices day-old white bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 to 1-1/2 inches thick and 7 ounces each)
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the mushrooms, onions and celery in butter until vegetables are tender. Add the tomato, marjoram, garlic salt and pepper; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in bread cubes.
- Cut a large pocket in the side of each chop. Stuff mushroom mixture into pockets. Place chops in an ungreased shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or meat is no longer pink.
Dec 3, 2014
This dish is similar to the one that I make. The one main difference of mine is I put the stuffing mixture on top of the chops instead of inside. If you are on a budget you can substitute assorted chops in place of the more pricey ones. Also I cover mine while in the oven and uncover for the last 15 minutes or so to brown them. They will will not tend to be too dry which pork tends to do very easily.On another note use bone in chops. The bone adds so much more flavor.
May 14, 2012
Fantastic. We are a pork-loving family and thus very picky with our pork recipes! But we all loved this. We're not so into pork with fruit like so many recipes call for, so this fit the bill. I used Pork Loin Steaks that were only 3/4-inch thick, but they worked beautifully. Even my picky 6-yr old ate all the stuffing which was full of veggies. And the chops made their own sauce sort-of, which I spooned over our plates. Will make this lots.
Aug 1, 2011
Sep 8, 2010
Very tasty recipe. I didn't have thick cut pork chops so I substituted some pork loin that I pounded thin and stuffed like a taco and held together with toothpicks. It turned out very nice and I will be making this again for sure. Also, I don't think it's fair to give a recipe a low rating because someone is allergic to an ingredient either.
Jan 21, 2010
I was okay but it be because my husband was allergic to some ingredient. (
Oct 27, 2009
I made this, it was easy and very good. I used left over garlic bread for the bread pieces