VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in oregano and pepper. Place a ham slice in the pocket of each chop; fill each with mushroom mixture.
- In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Pork Chops with Sherry Sauce in Reminisce October/November 2011, p58
Reviews forStuffed Pork Chops with Sherry Sauce
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2014
"it was ok. probably wouldnt make it again"