- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 slices deli ham
- 1/2 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Cut a pocket in each chop by slicing almost to the bone; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Remove from the heat. Stir in oregano and pepper. Place a ham slice in the pocket of each chop; fill each with mushroom mixture.
- In the same skillet, brown chops in remaining butter. Add sherry, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove pork to a serving platter.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Pork Chops with Sherry Sauce
"it was ok. probably wouldnt make it again"