To reduce some of the juice in these spicy appetizers, I drain the pepperoncinis for about 3 hours on paper towel before stuffing. This recipe makes a big batch, which is perfect for parties.
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped salami
- 1/4 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) pepperoncini, drained
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until finely chopped.
- Cut off the stem end of each pepperoncini; remove seeds. Pipe or stuff pepperoncinis with cheese mixture. Dip exposed end into additional Parmesan cheese. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 68 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 591mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Pepperonchini's in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2007