- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cheeses and spinach; stuff into shells. Arrange in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour spaghetti sauce over the shells. Cover and bake until heated through, about 30 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with parmesan cheese after baking. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Pasta Shells
"The stuffed shells were super easy and delicious. Think I may try the steamed spinach next time since the frozen was a little chewy even after cooking them. Still delicious though."
"Excellent simple yet very tasty recipe - I've used this recipe for myself and taken it to friends houses - they're always gone in a hurry!"
"This is an amazing recipe. It has great flavor and excellent texture. I know people who only stuff their shells with ricotta which I very much dislike the taste. This recipe with the spinach and mozzarella cheese are a fantastic combination. Super Delicious and Super easy. Thanks for sharing your recipe."
"I forgot to add in my last rating that I make two 8 in. pans with this recipe and freeze one. I defrost before heating and it never fails. Tastes as fresh as when I made it."
"I have been making this for years and everyone, including all the grandchildren, love this recipe. So easy but looks like you worked for hours. Cheesy and just a wonderful taste in the mouth. I get asked for the recipe all the time."
"These stuffed shells turn out great. I added a little more ricotta cheese. Probably shouldn't have used all the spinach, but overall was very good!"
"very good recipe. i just made a few tweeks. I added parmesan cheese, a pinch of nutmeg, salt and some dried basil to the cheese mixture. Before a baked it, I topped the shells with the spaghetti sauce and parmesan cheese as well. My husband and even my kids loved it."
"easy reciept, but not alot of flavor"
"I added a bit more ricotta, a handful of shredded colby-jack, and steamed a small bag of fresh spinach instead of using the frozen spinach. I also added some garlic and onion powder to the cheese mixture before stuffing the shells. All in all, a great recipe with plenty of room for variation! :)"