Stuffed Party Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 55 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen appetizers
- 2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms
- 1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable garden vegetable cream cheese
- 4 ounces imitation crabmeat, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 dash pepper
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop 1/4 cup (discard remaining stems or save for another use); set caps aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the chopped mushroom stems, crab, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Spoon about 2 teaspoons into each mushroom cap.
- Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 30 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
May 16, 2015
Just made these, In the oven baking right now....I tasted the mix before I baked them....WOW.....Did put a little spin on them, added in the mixture, I substituted tablespoon miracle whip, and table spoon, Deans Sriracha Spicy Thai Chili Dip, added the right amount of flavor, also chopped green onion and mixed.....I AM A MUSHROOM LOVER.......YUMMMMMMM
Dec 27, 2013
I made these for Christmas Eve - REALLY good. I used reduced fat cheese and low-fat mayo. My daughter did the stuffing and we forgot to top with cheese before baking and that was just fine.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.