Stuffed Mountain Trout
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pan-dressed trout (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- Place trout in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons dill and 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper in the fish cavities and over outside of fish; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the parsley and remaining dill and lemon-pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice; stir gently until moistened. Stuff into fish cavities.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 10, 2014
This was a nice way to prepare trout. Since we typically cook them whole, the stuffing adds a nice touch. The fish is rich enough is doesn't need a lot extra so the lemon-pepper, dill and lemon juice is perfect.
Oct 26, 2011
This is one of our favorite ways to eat salmon. My family loves it!