Stuffed Mountain Trout
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 pan-dressed trout (10 to 11 ounces each)
- 4 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 teaspoons dill weed, divided
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- Place trout in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons dill and 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper in the fish cavities and over outside of fish; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add the parsley and remaining dill and lemon-pepper. Stir in bread crumbs; heat through. Sprinkle with remaining lemon juice; stir gently until moistened. Stuff into fish cavities.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 280 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 442mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Dec 10, 2014
This was a nice way to prepare trout. Since we typically cook them whole, the stuffing adds a nice touch. The fish is rich enough is doesn't need a lot extra so the lemon-pepper, dill and lemon juice is perfect.
Oct 26, 2011
This is one of our favorite ways to eat salmon. My family loves it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.