Stuffed Lamb Chops
The mushroom stuffing nicely complements the flavor of the lamb chops in this recipe. I like to serve mint jelly on the side. —Sarah Thompson
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash paprika
- 6 lamb loin chops (1-1/2 inches thick and 5 ounces each)
- Mint jelly, optional
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in 1/2 cup bread crumbs, parsley and 1/4 teaspoon salt; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the eggs and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the remaining bread crumbs and salt; add paprika.
- Cut a pocket in each chop by horizontally cutting almost to the bone; stuff with mushroom mixture. Dip chops in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Place in an ungreased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes. Turn chops over; bake 15 minutes longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with mint jelly if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 331 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 583mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Lamb Chops in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.