Stuffed Iceberg Wedges
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Remove core from the head of lettuce. Carefully hollow out lettuce, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (save removed lettuce for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Add the cheese, ham, celery, parsley and pimientos; mix well. Spoon into lettuce shell. Tightly wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2010
Very good and interestingly different. Next time I think I will increase the amount of curry powder because my family and I agreed that we could not really taste it.