Stuffed Iceberg Wedges
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- Salad dressing of your choice
- Remove core from the head of lettuce. Carefully hollow out lettuce, leaving a 3/4-in. shell (save removed lettuce for another use).
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and curry powder. Add the cheese, ham, celery, parsley and pimientos; mix well. Spoon into lettuce shell. Tightly wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 200 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Jan 21, 2010
Very good and interestingly different. Next time I think I will increase the amount of curry powder because my family and I agreed that we could not really taste it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.