Stuffed Ham Slice
Whenever I have leftover ham, my family know I'll be preparing these ham slices. They love the corn in the moist stuffing.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn
- 3 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Saute onion in butter until tender; remove from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, corn, celery, green pepper and poultry seasoning. Place half the ham slice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; spread stuffing over ham. Top with remaining ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Brush top slices with honey; bake for 5-10 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's Note: Ask the butcher or deli to slice the ham for you.
Nutrition Facts5 ounce-weight: 199 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1284mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Ham Slice in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.