My son, Gus, is a lover of all things ham-and-eggs, so I created this comforting stuffed bread with him in mind. I later added tomatoes to the recipe, and he still gives it a big thumbs up. —Karen Kuebler, Dallas, TX
Recommended: Ham and Cheese Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until juices are evaporated, 12-15 minutes. Add eggs; cook and stir until they are thickened and and no liquid egg remains, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in ham.
- Unroll dough onto a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle cheese lengthwise down one half of the dough to within 1 in. of edges. Top with egg mixture. Fold dough over filling, pinching to seal; tuck ends under.
- Bake until deep golden brown, 17-20 minutes. Cut into slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Ham & Egg Bread in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017