Stuffed Green Pepper Cups Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup uncooked instant rice
- 4 medium green peppers
- 1. Crumble beef into a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl; add the onion. Cover and microwave on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce, water, 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 minutes. Stir in rice; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove tops and seeds from peppers; cut in half lengthwise. Stuff with meat mixture; place in an ungreased microwave-safe shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spoon remaining tomato sauce over peppers; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and microwave on high for 10-12 minutes or until peppers are tender. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 303 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 59mg cholesterol, 1226mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Green Pepper Cups
"very easy to make!"
"I use my homemade salsa instead of the onion and tomato sauce, gives a bit more flavor. This is really an easy recipe to prepare."
"This recipe is the best! I've been making it since it was first published. My entire family loves it and my grandchildren gladly work in the garden as long as there are green peppers planted for mom-mom's stuffed peppers. I rate these a "strong" 5."