Stuffed French Toast
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- 8 slices French bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. Heat sausage patties according to package directions; cut into bite-size pieces. Cut a pocket in the crust of each slice of bread. Butter the inside of pocket. In a small bowl, combine sausage and cheese. Stuff into pockets.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar and cinnamon; dip both sides of bread. Cook on a greased hot griddle until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup if desired.
2 each: 679 calories, 31g fat (14g saturated fat), 171mg cholesterol, 1187mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.
Feb 1, 2015
Quick and easy.
Apr 4, 2011
Ahh! I made this years ago and remember enjoying it. Glad i found it again! My hubby and daughter will enjoy this (haven't made it since before i was married--over 8 years ago)
Sep 13, 2010
Very good French Toast. I used regular Bob Evans sausage patties since I don't like the Brown & Serve kind. Would definitely make again.