Stuffed Easter Ham
I traditionally serve this special ham on Easter. But it's so delicious that my family often requests it for a number of holidays throughout the year. I think you'll enjoy it, too.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3/4 cups cubed French bread (1/4-inch cubes)
- 1 cup chopped tart apple
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fully cooked ham (3 pounds), cut into 3/8-inch slices
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves, melted
- In a skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender; add the next six ingredients and mix well. Line an 11x7-in. baking pan with foil; place string for tying on foil. Place one ham slice on top of string; spread with 1 cup of stuffing. Top with another ham slice. Repeat the process, using two ham slices between stuffing layers. Tie securely with string. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours. Baste ham with preserves; bake, uncovered, basting several times, for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the stuffing in the center of ham reads 140°. Let stand 10 minutes. Remove the string and separate the double ham slices; cut into desired portions.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 261 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1571mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Easter Ham in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.