- 1 crown roast of pork (about 8 pounds)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup diced peeled apple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- Spiced crab apples, optional
- Tie roast and place on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover the bone ends with foil. Insert met thermometer. Roast at 350° for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the pork and sausage until browned; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add apple and celery; cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add the cooked pork and sausage, crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper and sage; mix well.
- Remove roast from oven. Carefully press a double layer of foil down through open center of roast to form a base for stuffing. Spoon stuffing lightly into crown. Return to oven and bake for 1 hour more or until thermometer reads 160°. Transfer roast to serving platter. Garnish with spiced crab apples if desired. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Crown Roast of Pork
"Why is the foil put in the centre of the roast and when do you remove it?"