- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; top with ham and cheese. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with toothpicks.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides. In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat.
Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cool chicken mixture. Freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through slowly in a covered skillet, stirring occasionally, until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 165°. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Chicken Rolls
"This was wonderful. Will make again"
"This is a very nice recipe....I've been making it for years, but I haven't made it in a while. Now that I've been reminded about it, I'm thinking this will soon be on our plates once again."
"I really liked this recipe but my family thought it was a bit dry. I used Canadian bacon instead of just ham. I'll still make this again!"
"It was fine, not good just fine. Everything was great until you ruin basically cordon bleu by pouring salty soup over it. Kids liked it. Me...not so much."
"These are delicious. Great for company and family dinners!"
"I must try! Looks yummy! ??"