Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes Two Ways
With both a shrimp version and a bacon version, this recipe gives you two delicious appetizers in one. The bright cherry tomatoes look so festive on a Christmas buffet.
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- CREAM CHEESE & SHRIMP:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/3 pound cooked small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh dill sprigs
- GUACAMOLE & BACON:
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cut a thin slice off the bottom of each tomato with a sharp knife to allow it to sit flat. Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out and discard pulp; invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- For Cream Cheese & Shrimp Tomatoes: In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, ketchup and dill weed. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with shrimp and dill sprigs. Refrigerate until serving.
- For Guacamole & Bacon Tomatoes: In a small bowl, mash the avocado; stir in the onion, lemon juice and garlic. Spoon into half of the tomatoes. Top with bacon. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 27 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Two Flavor Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes in Country Woman Christmas 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.