I adapted this summertime tomato appetizer from a stuffed mushroom recipe that I've used for years. These tasty little treats always win complements—they're perfect at parties or for potlucks and salad luncheons. Best of all, they look like you slaved over them for hours...but they are really very easy to prepare!
Recommended: 48 Ways to Cook Fresh, Juicy Tomatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pint small cherry tomatoes
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ranch-style dressing
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Slice off tops of tomatoes. Scoop out pulp with small melon ball cutter, reserving pulp to use as necessary to thin filling. Drain tomatoes, upside-down, on paper towel. Combine filling ingredients in small bowl. Stuff tomatoes with filling. Keep refrigerated until serving time. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1988, p29