- 1 loaf (1 pound) Vienna bread, unsliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the top of bread; set top aside. Hollow out the loaf, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Dice removed bread and set aside. In a nonstick skillet, saute onion until tender. Add green pepper, spinach and tomato; cook 3-4 minutes longer. Add beef, oregano, salt and pepper; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain. Stir in diced bread and mix well. Spoon into bread shell; replace top. Wrap tightly in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Cut into slices. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Bread Boat
"My family loves this recipe! I like how simple it is to make. Tonight I am going to make it with ground turkey and mushrooms. I have made it with shredded cheese added also. So yummy!!"
"We have this cookbook and this is one of my favorites"