- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or cheese of your choice
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tomato
- 3 fresh mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Shape beef into eight patties. In a large bowl, combine the cheese, green pepper, tomato, mushrooms and onions. Top half of the patties with vegetable mixture. Cover with remaining patties and firmly press edges to seal.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with barbecue sauce and sprinkle with sugar. Grill, covered, or broil 5-6 minutes longer on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear, basting occasionally. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Barbecue Burgers
"I agree with the first reviewer it is a bit too much filling unless you like really thick burgers which we don't. I halved the filling and it was plenty. But very delicious and a great change of pace!"
"Yummmmmmmy. These are the best stuffed burgers I've ever had and are huge hit with the hubby and son. My only suggestion is the filling is entirely too much for four burgers. I end up with 1/3 left and I've made two times. Next time will definitely make less for the filling. But still delish and forever in my roster for burger cravings!!"
"Yum! Just finished eating our burgers. We added fried egg and bacon...not so healthy here! They were delicious! Thanks for the new recipe!"
"Made these for a family get together and they were a huge hit. Very tasty."
"This really sounds good. After living in Texas for ten years, I will replace the green peppers, onion, tomato and mushrooms with Pico de Gallo. That will spice it up a little, I can't wait until we do these!"