Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + cooling Bake: 30 min.
- 8 baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- Canola oil
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the chives, salt, pepper and enough milk to obtain desired consistency. Spoon into potato shells; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through. (Potatoes may be stuffed ahead and refrigerated or frozen. Allow additional time for reheating.)
Nutrition Facts1 each: 249 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 395mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 21, 2017
This was one of my wife's uncles favorite ways to have potatoes. They are sooooo good!!!
Jan 17, 2016
These are so yummy!! I added some crumbled bacon to the top also.
Jul 21, 2012
The potatoes turned out great! They taste delicious and I would definately make them again.
Mar 26, 2012
Love potatoes and these are so delicious. easy to make and I can make a meal just with a baked potatoe. Oohhh soo good!!!!
Dec 27, 2009
I have made these potatoes several times for specail occasions they are always a hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.