- 8 baking potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- Vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives or dried chives
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- Rub the potato skins with oil if desired; prick with a fork. Bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Allow potatoes to cool to the touch. Slice a small portion off the top of each potato. Carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter, chives, salt, pepper and enough milk to obtain desired consistency. Carefully stuff shells; sprinkle with paprika. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 30 minutes or until heated through. (Potatoes may be stuffed ahead and refrigerated or frozen. Allow additional time for reheating.) Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Baked Potatoes
"This was one of my wife's uncles favorite ways to have potatoes. They are sooooo good!!!"
"These are so yummy!! I added some crumbled bacon to the top also."
"The potatoes turned out great! They taste delicious and I would definately make them again."
"Love potatoes and these are so delicious. easy to make and I can make a meal just with a baked potatoe. Oohhh soo good!!!!"
"I have made these potatoes several times for specail occasions they are always a hit."