Stuffed Bacon Burgers Recipe
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 slices (1 ounce each) process American cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 6 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1. In a bowl, combine ground beef, soup mix and water. Shape into 12 thin patties. Place a cheese slice on six patties. Cover each with another patty. Pinch edges to seal. Wrap a strip of bacon around each; fasten with a wooden toothpick.
- 2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear. Discard toothpicks. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 499 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 928mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Stuffed Bacon Burgers
"Made this recipe a few days ago. It was wonderful. The onion soup mix does wonders for this recipe. It really bumps up the beefy taste. I made the mixture up early in the day so that the dried pieces of onion could soften up. This would also make a fabulous meatloaf. A Keeper *That is worthy of those 5 stars."
"Super Yummy! We recently started a burger Wednesday routine and this one was the first! Extremely flavorful and great with Colby or Pepperjack cheese!"