- 24 small red potatoes (about 1-1/2 inch diameter)
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon strips, cooked, crumbled and divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; set aside. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the tops and pulp with butter. Stir in sour cream, 1/3 cup bacon, 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Add egg; mix well. Spoon into potato shells. Top with remaining bacon, Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forStuffed Baby Red Potatoes
"I have not made these yet but will soon. So many commented on the problem of scooping out the potatoes that I will bake rather than boil. This creates a better shell for scooping and stuffing,"
"Mini twice baked potatoes, good but hard to scoop out such small potatoes. Will stick w/the big ones."
"As a fan of everything potato, 5*'s and thanks for posting! A definite keeper!!!"
"Very good, everyone loved. I will def make again. The only thing I did differently was I did not set aside 2T of cheese and bacon, I put in the 1/2 c of bacon and cheese then just added more for the tops."
"The taste of these potatoes was really good! But the effort that it takes to make them is what brought the rating down. If someone else were to make them for me, they would have gotten a higher rating :)After boiling the potatoes, you cut off the tops, but it is very hard to scoop out enough of the filling without breaking the sides of the potatoes. Then refilling them was pretty messy. In general though, the taste was awesome! There was leftover filling that I ended up just baking in a dish and eating."
"These are so great, I add, cream cheese to too it's great ether way"
"These were very good but alot of work, making a day ahead works good because you can just pop them in the oven. I tend towards faster appetizer recipes."
"These were a hit at a baby shower I hosted. Bite sized and delicious. That is what party food should be!"
"I had six kids at the house for Easter egg hunting and made these for all of them. My daughter is a gluten-free vegetarian so I made half sans bacon and half with bacon. Everyone LOVED them. I think next time I might put a little bit of green onions on the top. All of the kids asked that I please please please make them again soon!"
"3/31/13-These were so tasty & everyone loved them! Will make again & again."