Stuffed Artichoke Bottoms
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke bottoms, drained
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cut a thin slice from bottoms of artichokes to level if necessary. Place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, chives and oregano. Spoon into artichokes; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
1 each: 84 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 166mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Nov 12, 2015
I havnt tried this yet but sounds delicious. ....I do have a suggestion though.to brown the artichokes in a hot skillet before adding the topping and baking to give the arichokes more texture.
Dec 12, 2010
The filling was very tasty. The artichokes were too slimy for my taste.
Aug 14, 2010
This recipe is so easy and so yummy!! I didn't have any oregano or chives and still was good. They don't stay out long, everyone ate them up.
Aug 3, 2010
Excellent and easy. I am going to add some seafood (shrimp or crab) or some chopped tomato the next time.