- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 boneless butterflied pork chops (6 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- In a small bowl, combine the apple butter, vinegar, mustard and rosemary. Flatten pork chops to 1/2-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brush with apple butter mixture.
- Combine apple and onion; place over one side of each pork chop. Fold other side of pork over filling and secure with toothpicks.
- In a small ovenproof skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Add cider. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Bring pan juices to a boil; cook until reduced by half. Discard toothpicks from pork chops; serve with sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forStuffed Apple Pork Chops
"This was fantastic. easy to make. I will make this again."
"These a 'drop dead good eats.':>)"
"The flavor combination was fantastic. I doubled the recipe to feed my family and everyone loved it. The local butcher butterflied the pork chops for me. Thank you."