Stuffed Alfredo Pork Chops
Picture this: It’s Monday night, dinner’s done and you have time to put up your feet. A few ingredients, 15 minutes of prep and hands-free bake time make this smarty-pants main dish a busy cook’s ideal weeknight meal. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8.8 ounces) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Cook rice and vegetables according to package directions. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the vegetables, rice, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning.
- Using a sharp knife, cut a pocket in each pork chop. Fill each chop with about 1/3 cup rice mixture; secure with toothpicks if necessary. Set aside remaining rice mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the Alfredo sauce and remaining garlic powder and Italian seasoning; heat through. Cover and microwave remaining rice mixture on high for 30-45 seconds or until heated through. Serve with chops and sauce mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 stuffed pork chop with 1/3 cup rice mixture and 1/3 cup sauce: 575 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 42g protein.
Jan 21, 2018
Made it just like the recipe plus a bit of sage. Family gobbled it up!
Jan 24, 2012
I didn't use mixed vegetables instead I used onions and mushrooms which was amazing