Stuffed Acorn Squash
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines or butter-flavored crackers
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 large acorn squash (about 2 pounds each)
- In a medium bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix well. Cut squash in half; remove and discard the seeds. Fill with meat mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 27, 2018
This is perfect for the time when a garden is over-run with different kinds of squash! I used Italian bread crumbs instead of crushed crackers and it worked fine. You can check to see if the meat mixture is done by using a digital meat thermometer.