Stuffed Acorn Squash
Relates Susan Reynolds of Livermore, Colorado, "One of my husband's favorite foods is acorn squash. I had an abundance of zucchini and acorn squash, so I put together this concoction. He pronounced it 'perfect'!"
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup crushed saltines or butter-flavored crackers
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 2 large acorn squash (about 2 pounds each)
- In a medium bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Add beef; mix well. Cut squash in half; remove and discard the seeds. Fill with meat mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1 hour or until squash is tender. Uncover and bake for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 335 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 110mg cholesterol, 920mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Acorn Squash in Taste of Home October/November 1995
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips