Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
Makes2 pastries (10 serving each)
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup peach or apricot preserves, divided
- 30 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 20 pecan halves
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cut butter into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine sour cream and egg yolk; add to flour mixture, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough. Divide in half; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- On a floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. square. Spread with preserves. Combine crushed wafers and coconut; sprinkle over preserves.
- Roll up jelly-roll style; seal seam. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet. Cut widthwise with a sharp knife three-fourths of the way through dough every 1 in. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over pastry. Place a pecan half on each slice.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Combine the confectioner's sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistence; drizzle over pastries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 241 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 30, 2015
Could you be more detailed, please? I'd like to make this, so I can get a good project grade in my German class. could you send an email to me? So I can get more specifics? like the directions you'd see in a cookbook? Cause I'll need to know measurements and stuff that I need to put together. I'll post my unimportant email, so nobody can spam the one I can actually use. It's: [email protected]
Mar 24, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.