- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 pound sliced ham
- 1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/4 pound sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 pound sliced bologna
- 1/4 pound sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound slice Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled. Punch down. Roll loaves together into one 15x12-in. rectangle. Layer ham and pepperoni on half of the dough (lengthwise). Sprinkle with onion and green pepper. Top with 1/4 cup of pizza sauce. Layer mozzarella, bologna, salami and Swiss cheese over sauce. Sprinkle with basil, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Spread another 1/4 cup of pizza sauce on top. Fold plain half of dough over filling and seal edges well. Place on a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter. Heat the remaining pizza sauce and serve with slice stromboli. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forStromboli Sandwich
"has ne1 figured out as to how to make this with less sodium? I used french bread - and split it lengthwise - added the Italian dressing and then layered on the other ingredients... no1 missed the red sauce! been asked to make it again! i was so thrilled - this time I will b buying low sodium meats and cheeses!"
"Loved the Stromboli. I may think about adding banana peppers next time."
"Sounds easy & yummy. Hope my rating comes true! Could you use a little italian dressing inside and the red sauce on the side for dipping?"
"Not to go all Italian on some of folks, but when you remove the sauce and place it on the side, it becomes a Calzone instead of a Stromboli. Either way, still delicious.I made my own dough and I changed it up by putting mortadella vs bologna, provolone vs Swiss cheese and prosciutto vs ham. And used fresh herbs. Totally delicious. I'd like to try capicola vs ham next time."
"I didn't add sauce when making Stromboli. We would rather have it ( sauce)on the side. My husband & sons loved this. I would definitely make this again."
"Been making this for 35 years with only a few variations. I use the bread loaves individually which makes it easier to roll up and transfer to the cookie sheet. I do not add the sauce to the inside but put it on the side for dipping. I actually use a marinara or spaghetti sauce instead. This is a great recipe either way"
"I made this for Super Bowl Sunday 2013 .Everyone really liked it. I live in the Country and couldn't find the frozen bread. So I made my own pizza dough in the bread machine. I worked fine that way too. Everyone loved it. I ended up making two since I had made to much dough. So we had leftovers and it was even better the 2nd day. I will make this again."
"during football Sundays we always have a "snack day" and this has become one of our favorites..from time to time we very the ingrediients..but so good! Make when my kids/grandkid come to visit/ they love it"
"This was very good! I never think to make myself a sandwich but I am really glad I saw this and tried it. I will tell you, I took the lazy route and used already made grinder rolls and heated them up in the oven to melt the cheese. Again, thank you!"