VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS FOR STROMBOLI:
- 1/2 cup plus 1 to 3 tablespoons water
- 5 slices hard salami
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Store in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 8 cups).
- To prepare stromboli: Contents of mix may settle during storage. When preparing recipe, spoon mix into measuring cup. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups crust mix and enough water to form a stiff dough. On a floured surface, roll dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Place salami lengthwise on half of the dough to within 1/2-in. of edge. Layer with cheddar cheese, ham, tomatoes, green pepper, onion and mozzarella cheese. Fold plain side of dough over filling; seal edges well. Brush with butter; sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes; cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Stromboli Crust Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 2004, p40
Reviews forStromboli Crust Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"Great crust- the whole family loved it!"