Stroganoff In A Bun
For a volunteer firefighters' lunch, Corrine Lingberg of Beresford, South Dakota fixed these rich sandwiches that cost a mere 44 cents each. "After just one taste, they couldn't get enough of them," she recalls. "They're great with deviled eggs and baked beans."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 2/3 cup condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 18 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the mushroom soup, mayonnaise, celery and cheese soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Serve on buns.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 315 calories, 18g fat (4g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 535mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Stroganoff In A Bun in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips