Strip Steaks with Mango Salsa
Carrots add beautiful color and texture to this very flavorful mango salsa, which is served over well-seasoned New York strips. This tasty dish, created by our Test Kitchen, will make you star of the cookout!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 5 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- Place 1/2 in. of water in a small saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and cool.
- In a small bowl, combine the mango, avocado, red pepper, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin and carrots. Refrigerate until serving.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over both sides of steaks. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with mango salsa.