This vegetable dish was so popular at our condo potluck that our office staff distributed the recipe. The mix of crisp beans and tender potatoes coated with light vinaigrette is very refreshing. —Jean Grade, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Recommended: 25 Foolproof Ground Beef Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small red potato, halved and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potato slices in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5 minutes. Add beans; steam 8-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, onion and garlic; shake well. Transfer vegetables to a bowl; add dressing and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as String Bean Salad in Reminisce August/September 2007, p49