Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) tube pasta
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 block (4 ounces) provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Place in a salad bowl; add tomatoes, cheese, peppers, onion and olives.
- In a blender, combine the dressing ingredients; cover and process until blended. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 335 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 703mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 3, 2013
This is my favorite recipe for pasta salad. I am asked to bring it to many picnics, parties, etc. During the summer when basil is growing in my garden I like to use that instead of the dried. Either way it turns out great every time. This is probably one of my favorite Taste of Home recipes!
Jan 8, 2013
Very good. I wouldn't change anything about the dressing, but the add-ins you could change to your taste! I didn't add onion, added pickles instead because I LOVE them.
Dec 16, 2010
I make this all the time , my family favorite. easy to make and carry to picnic etc. I add add chunks of ham and turkey and also extra sharp cheese.
Oct 23, 2010
By far, our favorite pasta salad! I will be making this for our neighborhood block party tonight!
May 5, 2010
Correction! Grape tomatoes!
May 5, 2010
Yummy! We used mozzarella cheese, left out the olives, and used a container of grape containers.~ Theresa
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.