- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups shredded zucchini, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons fat-free milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, beat the egg whites, egg, yogurt and oil until blended. Stir in zucchini and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Add to dry ingredients; mix well.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Pour a third of the batter into the pan. Combine the brown sugar, walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and allspice; sprinkle half over batter. Top with another third of the batter. Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture; top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Combine confectioners' sugar, milk and remaining vanilla; drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forStreuseled Zucchini Bundt Cake
"Excellent flavor a great use of zucchini"
"this turned out really good , the only thing I did different was, I did not add the bread crumbs, could not figure out why it was needed."
"This was really tasty! It is very important to get the zucchini as dry as possible; I put mine in a colander to let it drain. The only change I made was to top it with a low-fat cream cheese frosting instead of the glaze. I will be making this again (today, as a matter of fact!)"